Today’s marketing tip is from Susan Gunelius, and the full article can be found at http://tinyurl.com/nymnwc
Here are five tips that remind you to know your audience:
- Customers want to know what’s in it for them, so tell them what you have to offer.
- You can’t use the same copy everywhere. Remember that people reading a billboard have just seconds to get your message, while those that pick up your brochure are going to expect much more information.
- You can’t use the same copy for every audience. Adjust your message for your audience. Are you addressing new or existing customers? Younger or older customers? Your message may be different depending on the demographic.
- Your tone and language should match your audience. Save jargon for business to business communication.
- Be creative and willing to go outside what you learned in English class when writing copy for your marketing pieces.