Read more on "101 Ways to Take Advantage of the Chamber" »
I could not sleep last night because my head was spinning with all the ideas I had today for our special series ‘101 Ways to Take Advantage of the Chamber.’ Which do I leave out this week and what do I put in? The list is long and distinguished, but hopefully I chose the right ten for this week…
31) The Siouxland Initiative (TSI) Alongside the Chamber, TSI not only helps build new business, but they can assist when its time to expand your current business by helping you start up or sustain growth.
32) Call Nicole- Nicole Thompson at the Siouxland Chamber of Commerce is an integral part in coordinating all our events. Find out how you can host a Business After Hours, become a Chamber Ambassador, or get involved in the Chamber Golf Classic.
33) Technology Friendly Environment– Let’s face it, business has changed. A good idea can plummet without the right technology & this can deter a lot of potential entrepreneurs. Use the resources we have at the Chamber to make sure you have the right technology to compete in a 21st century environment.
34) Want to start A Restaurant Franchise? Being a member of the Chamber will help you do business. Statistics by The Schapiro Group show when consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce they are 40% more likely to eat at that franchise in the next few months.
35) Don’t hold anything back- Starting a business is a big decision and one that shouldn’t be handled entirely alone. Maximize all your opportunities and allow us to be one of your resources.
36) We work for Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota…- Providing businessmen and women alike with the tools to do business in their state is crucial. From supporting more cell phone towers so a signal is never lost, to trying to reduce regulations and taxes on start up businesses. These details are crucial factors when someone decides where to start up business. The Chamber lobbys to make sure our state is business friendly.
37) Transportation- We improve transportation connections within Siouxland and lobby for trade corridors needed in economic development.
38) Friendship– Of course we will be your friend, but that’s not all of it. The Chamber sets up events to promote business interaction and they also serve the function as making friends within the community.
39) Quality of Life- It is our job to recognize that Siouxland has a responisbility in providing quality of life. We push towards promoting events that will do just that, such as: Fridays on the Promenade, Artsplash, Saturday in the Park or Go Fest 2009…just to name a few.
40) Be Seen! Being a member of the chamber gives others online access directly to your website via our online business directory.
Stay tuned for next week’s 101 Ways to make sure you are getting the most out of the Siouxland Chamber.
– Ian, Siouxland Chamber Intern