Join the Siouxland Chamber of Commerce for this exciting trip to China in November 2019. Cost of the trip is just $2,499* per person.
This fully escorted trip is available to all Chamber members and non-members (open to the public) and is meant to be an introduction to the people, history, culture, commerce and daily life of this exciting country!
Your Trip Includes…
- Roundtrip international airfare from Chicago (ORD)
- Chinese domestic airfare and tax
- 4-and 5-star hotel accommodations
- 3 meals each day
- Deluxe bus tours
- Fluent English-speaking tour guides
- Entrance fees for attractions
Your Fare Does Not Include…
- Travel between your home city and Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- $155 group visa application fee (Visa Application Information)
- $39 gratuity which covers the entire trip
- Items of personal nature such as laundry, room service, phone bills, excess baggage charges, optional tours, personal shopping
Optional Additional Costs…
- $500 for single occupancy accommodation. Tour price is based on two-person shared accommodation.
- $6,000 business class upgrade. Tour price is based on economy class airfare.
- $200 Optional Xi’an excursion.
- Optional tours in addition to the itinerary will be available at an additional cost to add while you are on the trip.
View the Orientation Meeting Video Below to LEARN MORE.
Day 1 – ORD/Beijing
Check in at Chicago O’Hare International Airport for an afternoon flight. Your adventure begins as you cross the international date line.
Day 2 – Beijing
Arrive in Beijing, the Capital of China. You will be met at the airport by your tour guide and transferred to the hotel (Shangria-La Hotel Beijing)
Day 3 – Beijing
Visit the Tiananmen Square, the largest square in the world, and the Temple of Heaven, built in 1420 A.D., where the emperors prayed to the heavens for a good harvest.
Sightseeing today will continue with a tour of the Palace Museum, also known as the Forbidden City, home of 24 emperors with a total of 9,999 rooms, and the Summer Palace, featuring the Long Corridor with painted gallery, Kumming Lake and Longevity Hill, Seventeen Arch Bridge and the Marble Boat.
Day 4 – Beijing
Tour bus excursion to the Great Wall, the 4,000 mile long and 2,000 year-old construction is said to be the only man-made structure visible by the naked eye from the moon. Visit the Ming Tombs. One of the 13 Ming Emperors’ Tombs is fully excavated and open for exploration.
Day 5 – Beijing/Shanghai/Suzhou
Fly to Shanghai, followed by a bus trip to Suzhou for the Lingering Garden, Tiger Hill, Hanshan Temple and the National Embroidery Institute to see silk embroidery, a local craft with thousands of years of history. Dinner this evening will include a show featuring traditional Chinese music.
Day 6 – Suzhou/Hangzhou
Morning tour bus excursion to Hangzhou for a visit to the Economic Development Zone and the centuries-old Lingyin Temple, featuring a 64.3 foot high camphor-wood carving of Buddha.
Day 7 – Hangzhou/Shanghai
Morning boat cruise on West Lake with relaxing stopover at jewel-like pagodas and tea houses. Afternoon tour bus trip to Shanghai.
Day 8 – Shanghai
Visit the Yu Garden, a maze of marvelous pavilions, ponds, rocky works and overarching trees. Also visit the Bund, Shanghai’s famous waterfront park and tour the Pudong Economic Development Zone.
Day 9 – Shanghai/Beijing/ORD
Morning is open. The afternoon flight will depart by 1:30 pm for Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) where you will arrive at 1:30 pm on the same day.
Additional Information for Download
Explore China Trip Registration Form
Itinerary w/Optional Xi’an Excursion
Visa Application Information
Optional Business Conference Information
Shopping & Dining Experiences Information